Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Balance and Motivation...do you have it?

Well as you can see my blogs have been lacking the couple of weeks. Life for me has been crazy! Between being a single mom and keeping up with a 2 year old , working full time, preparing for my personal trainer certification, and preparing to go back to school, I don't know where I have found time to breathe! LOL! With this being said, I have had a hard time fitting my 6 days of working out in. Its been more like 4 days a week. I hear so often, I don't have time work out or I'm just so tired when I get home or I have to do this or that. Working out is a big key in losing weight and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. You really have to find what motivates you to work out. For me, I know it is and has been a big part in my weight loss. Its also a stress reliever and allows me to get away for some me time.
As mom's and women in general, we always need that me time. So why not have some me time every day that is going to be beneficial to your health? Working out should be fun! Having a 2 year old, it can be hard to find an extra hour in the day to get away and go run or get to the gym. I am very fortunate to have the relationship that I do with my trainer (www.hethercrawford.com) in that she allows me to bring Ryleigh to our sessions. We have one on one sessions every week and Ryleigh goes to those sessions with me. She works out with me and Hether even uses her as a workout tool for me (pure torture is what I call that..she weighs 33 pounds!) Hether offers classes that I attend twice a week and she offers FREE childcare. Not many place do this so this is one of the MANY benefits to attending Hether's classes (class schedule can be found at www.hethercrawford.com) I also have a YMCA membership where they offer childcare and Ryleigh LOVES going there to play with the other kids. So there are many resources out there that will allow us moms to get that me time in and workout!
The I'm so tired excuse doesn't work for me when it comes to working out. There is at least one part in your day where you are the most energetic. Take that time and use an hour of it to get that workout in. If you're working out on a regular basis, your body is going to be adjusted to that and it will actually give you more energy to get up and get movin. I'm not necessarily a morning person, so I'm not one to wake up at 5am and head to the gym. I like to work out around 8 or 9 am and in the evening around 7 or 8pm. You have to find what works for you. This is where planning ahead comes into play.
It really helps to find a balance in your life and know at the beginning of the week what your schedule is going to be like. That means sitting down and actually planning ahead, another key to weight loss and healthy living. I sit down every week and plan my meals and workouts. I know what days, times, and classes I'm going to take every week.
In order to achieve your weight loss goals and maintain a healthy lifestyle, finding balance in your schedule to work out and figuring out what motivates you to workout are 2 keys to success. Working out should become apart of your daily living and lifestyle! I challenge you to sit down and actually schedule your daily workouts. Put them on paper so you can see every day at this time I have a workout scheduled. I'll leave you with 2 quotes I found and have come to love!
"It's a lifestyle - train like there's no finish line." -Unknown
"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse." -Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment