Tuesday, July 26, 2011

I'm not gonna let this get me down..IM A FIGHTER

Well, I must say it has been far to long since my last blog! A lot has happened since I last blogged! I started training for a half marathon 2 weeks ago. I went out for a run on 7/14 before my kickboxing class. It was hot, but it felt so good to be outside running instead of instead on a treadmill. I got just to my one mile mark, when I stepped on a rock and rolled my ankle out!! I thought I had just twisted it and was gonna try and keep going...but I was sadly mistaken. I felt sick to my stomach as I started to try and just walk on it for a minute. Luckily, I was very close to some family friends' house that I managed to get there and call my family. It started to swell up but I got it elevated and put some ice on it right away. The pain was getting much worse though. I called my mom and told her I needed to go to the ER, I thought it may be broken. The crazy thing to this all was that my dad had just been discharged from the ER that morning from a severe asthma attack. So we were gonna be headed back to the ER. My mom watched my daughter for me, and my dad took me to the ER. CRAZINESS!
Good news was it wasn't broken. I was diagnosed with a chip bone fracture and sprang. I was devastated though. They put me in an air cast and on crutches till at least Monday. I went to the orthopaedic on Monday. He said I'd be out of activity for at least 6 to 8 weeks and put me in a walking boot for at least 2 weeks with Physical Therapy. He also informed me I wouldn't be able to run the half marathon! Even more devastation sank in. I wasn't gonna be able to run, and he took my hobby and passion away..working out!
I told Hether, my trainer right away. My biggest fear was gaining weight because I wasn't going to be able to work out. But she said I would have to focus on maintaining my weight. Another heart break because I wanted to reach goal weight by my birthday in August. She gave me a few tips though.
*Lower calories because I wouldn't be working out hard like I had been
*Weight lifting from a chair and ab work
*Water workouts (which are harder then you think)
*This could send your weight loss to new levels
Just when I thought I wasn't going to be able to do anything, my hero rescues me..like always! LOL! She opened my eyes to new things that I could do while injured. I even took on a new challenge. This week, myself and a friend have decided to go without meat. I'll blog more on that tomorrow!
My point to this blog is this: Just when I thought I wasn't going to be able to do anything due to injury, my eyes were opened to a new set of challenges. I couldn't give up, I mean after all..I am a FIGHTER! I have been doing weekly workouts in the pool and some stuff at home to maintain and hopefully further my upper body strength. I have also changed my eating habits again and lowered my calories and eliminated meats this week. I have about 25 pounds left to loose to be at a healthy weight for my height. The last 25 pounds are always hard for anyone to get rid of. Hether told me that this could be what I need to really shake them off and get things movin again. My body is gonna be in total shock when I come back to working out full swing again. Therefore, the pounds are gonna fall right off! Injury isn't always a bad thing I see! I'm a FIGHTER and I'm gonna keep FIGHTING..injury and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment