Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A "TASTE" of Summer

Summer is really here! This hot weather makes for hard workouts outside, but I LOVE sweating..I know yall think I'm crazy, but it lets me know I'm working hard! Summertime is a really hard time for me to loose weight. Between cookouts, birthday parties, and ice cream, my self control is really tried. This summer I have set a goal to reach my goal weight by my birthday (August 26th). I'm really having to step my game up in order to reach that goal. With that being said, I'm having to make modifications to what I eat at cookouts and not keeping ice cream in my freezer.
I love "tropical, fruity" desserts in the summer. I thought I would share a recipe with you that helps me curb my sweets and ice cream craving. My mother started making this after she had her gastric bypass surgery because sugary desserts upset her stomach, so this was a yummy and perfect substitute. I have to warn you this isn't completely clean, but its low in calories and a nice treat!

Orange Fluff

1 8 oz Tub of Sugar Free Cool-Whip
1 Box of Sugar Free Cheesecake Jello Pudding Mix
1 Can of Mandarin Oranges in Mandarin Orange Juice
1 Can or Crushed Pineapple in Pineapple Juice

Mix the pudding mix and cool-whip together. Drain the juice off the oranges and pineapple (I leave a little in there) Refrigerate it and enjoy. This make about 8 1/2 cup servings. This dessert has 104 calories per 1/2 cup serving! This is by far my favorite summer time dessert. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment