Monday, June 27, 2011

A walk in my shoes...

I get a lot of emails from people asking me what I eat and what kind of exercise I do. I promised a fellow reader that I would blog what eat every day and what kind of workouts I do. My trainer is out of town this week, so my workouts will be adjusted accordingly. In these blogs, I will also include recipes to the foods that I make. Hope you enjoy this journey of a walk in my shoes!

Monday: Mondays are a low calorie day for me because I spend most of my day at the pool. Its usually a rest day as far as a workout goes because we wake up, get dressed and head straight to the pool. When we leave the pool, I head straight home to get ready for work. So, as you can see theres not much time for a workout, unless you count the chasing my 2 year old around the pool like I did today..LOL! :) As far as food goes, I still eat my 5 to 6 meals a day, I just keep them rather low calorie since I'm not working out. Here is what I ate today:

Breakfast: 1 cup of cheerios with half a banana and milk
Snack 1: Nutrigrain bar
Lunch: Ham and cheese wrap, pretzels, and an apple
Snack 2: Pretzels and hummus
Dinner: Homemade clean eating enchiladas, beans, and cantaloupe. (I haven't had dinner yet but I packed it and brought it with me.)

Recipe number 1: Clean eating enchiladas
8 whole wheat tortillas
3 cups of shredded chicken ( I used about 8 pretty large chicken tenders)
1 16oz organic tomato sauce
1 4 oz can diced chilies
Chili Powder
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder
Sea Salt
Pepper
Hot Sauce ( I use Franks)
Low Fat Shredded Cheese
2 Garlic Cloves ( I used the already minced garlic in a jar)

Preheat over to 350. Boil your chicken until done. Once done, shred chicken and put in a skillet with chilis, 1 1/2 tsp of chili powder, 1 tsp of garlic powder, 1 tsp of onion powder, 1 tsp of franks hot sauce, and a dash of salt and pepper. Mix all of this together and let simmer for about 10 minutes.
While that's cooking, in a separate pot, mix together tomato sauce, 1 tsp of chili powder, 2 garlic gloves (if using the already minced kind, I put about 2 tablespoons in), a dash of salt and pepper. Let this simmer for about 10 minutes.
Once the chicken and sauce is done, put just enough sauce in the bottom of your pan that the enchiladas are going to be cooked in to cover it. Fill your tortillas with the chicken mixture and roll them and place them in the pan rolled side down. Top with the remaining sauce and lightly top with cheese. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. ENJOY!

There are about 350 calories in 1 enchilada pair it with some black beans and corn and you have a wonderful, filling dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment