Monday, May 23, 2011

I work out every day..why am I not losing weight???

Do you often ask yourself, " I work out every day, why am I not losing weight?" I have had to ask myself this several times...and most recently, this week. I work out at high impact levels 5 to 6 times a week. Last week I gained a pound and sadly I did the same this week. What did I do wrong? I was working out and even switched my work out up some in hopes of throwing my body off. When I sat down and looked at what I had eaten this week, I wanted to cry. I would be embarrassed to show anyone my food journal from the past week.
I really fell off the right path I was on the past two weeks. There are times where I fall back into old ways and have the attitude of I don't care what I eat..I want it, so I'm gonna eat it! I was reminded this past weekend by someone I was speaking with of the attitude I used to have. She said, "Ashley, I remember when we were at a function and you were eating something and said I don't care about what I eat, I'm fat and always will be." WOW! DID I REALLY SAY THAT? HOW EMBARRASSING! What kind of attitude is that to have about myself and about food in general.
When I walked away from this conversation, I realized that I had fallen back into this attitude the past two weeks. I had been keeping up with my workouts because that's what I love, but I had lost my passion for eating clean. This is where the math lesson my trainer gave me came back into play. Losing weight is an 80/20 road. 80% of your journey is nutrition and what you put into your body, 20% is your exercise and what you put out of your body. I had gained weight because of what I was putting into my body. The moral of this story: Even though you work out every day and work hard at it, you still have to be cautious of what you eat. Keeping a journal and counting calories is the best way to see this.
I have learned another lesson all over again, and unfortunately it has been at the cost of 2 pounds. I am well into my weight loss journey and never stop learning. Losing weight is a daily struggle and its something I fight with every day. My goal is now in reach of me, but I am at the hardest part in my journey. I am so thankful to have a wonderful trainer that is always there pushing me and helps me get back up to keep fighting. I am really back on track and cant wait to see the results this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment