Tuesday, May 31, 2011

What does that scale say???

I hope everyone had a GREAT Memorial Day weekend. I got to spend a lot of time with my daughter and got a nice tan..errr burn! LOL! Now its time to get back to the basics and back to eating clean and working out!
About 2 months ago I handed over my scales to my trainer, Hether (www.hethercrawford.com). Now I know all of you are saying, "Ashley, why did you do that when you're trying to loose weight? You cant track your progress if you don't have a scale." I had an addiction and it was a bad one. I had an addiction to my scale. Every morning and every night and sometimes more than that, I would weigh myself. I would literally get right out of the bed, strip down to my birthday suit, and run to the scale. This is how I started my day and what set the tone of how my day was going to go. It wasn't always positive and there were days I beat myself up all day because I had gained or I hadn't lost. One day it finally clicked! I finally got what Hether had been trying to teach me. Its not always about the numbers. Its about how you feel and the progress you're making.
As of Sunday I have lost 75 pounds since I started my weight loss journey. I have had a lot of set backs. I have had months of not losing anything, and I have had some weeks of gaining weight. But I feel GREAT! I have dropped from a pants size 22 to a size 11/12 and sometimes size 10. I dropped from a 2X shirt and dress to a size Medium. I can even shop in the juniors department now! When I got rid of the scales I quit worrying about the numbers. I was more focused on eating clean and exercising. I know that if I focus on what I'm putting in my body and the exercise that I do daily, the numbers will drop.
I now only weigh in once a week with Hether. This month I am challenging myself to only weigh in 2 times a month. The first day of the month and the last. I shouldn't let the number on the scale determine what I eat or how many times I workout during the week. I do still have a goal weight in mind, and I think everyone should. I have reached the ending point of my weight loss journey. Im to a point where my body wont drop 6 pounds a week. I'm lucky if I drop 2 pounds in a week. So I'm more focused on increasing my strength and toning areas that need work.
I want to challenge you this week! If you have a scale addiction, find someone that will help you break it. Give them your scale and set one day a week, preferably a Sunday or Monday, that you can go weigh in with them. Focus on molding your lifestyle around clean eating and an exercise routine! Focus on how you feel and the progress you are making! Good Luck and have a GREAT week!

No comments:

Post a Comment