Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Struggles...

Well life is finally starting to not be so crazy..so I actually have time to blog every day. As I posted in my last blog, I resigned from my position as a Medical Assistant and I also resigned from Red Lobster. I am really goin to miss working with everyone at Red Lobster but I know if I want to truly focus and succeed in school, I cant do it all. I am now working 2nd shift at Nelson Mazda which is a lot different then the typical 8-5 job I had before. My body is really thrown off and so am I. HAHA!
I did a 2 week no sugar challenge a couple weeks ago. Last week was the first week I could have sugar in 2 weeks. Boy did I take advantage of it. Because I was going through so many changes with the job last week and was having some personal issues, I had a rough week. I used food as my comfort and stress relief. I didn't get to work out like I wanted too and was eating nothing but junk! When I went to weigh in on Sunday, my poor decisions showed. I gained a pound! I haven't gained weight in awhile. I either loose or don't loose at all. I was crushed and beat myself up, but I knew what I had done and how to fix it.
We all go through downfalls. Food is truly and addiction and it is a battle I fight every day. I have a major sweet tooth. Ice cream, cheesecake, brownies, and krispy kreme donuts are my biggest weakness'. And I admit I had ALL of that and more last week. Going through the no sugar challenge made me realize a lot of things. You cant deprive yourself from the things you love. When you do, you're going to binge and fall straight into the week I had last week. It's okay to have a treat every now and then, just don't over do it.
So now that I got that out..I'm sure you're wondering what I'm doing to get back on track..I am journaling all of my food and tracking every workout I do. At the end of the week I'll share it with a friend and my trainer. Accountability is a key success point in loosing weight. Working this new schedule is really different and I'm having to adjust my workouts and rely more on the gym and my own workouts instead of with my trainer. This is a big challenge for me, but one that I'm up for.
My trainer once told me, "Just because you have had one bad day, doesn't mean you have to have a bad week." Its not to late to get back on track if you have fallen off this week! Good Luck and have a GREAT rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment