Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Peanut Butter Pick Me Up's...YUMMY!

I have always loved to cook and bake, but it was always stuff that was unhealthy. Hether, my trainer, (Check her site out at www.hethercrawford.com) referred me to a website that is now my favorite! www.thegraciouspantry.com
A lot of what I cook comes from here. Its full of clean eating recipes that are really good. I love protein bars because they are so easy to take with you and have as a post workout snack or an in between snack. I stumbled upon a recipe on thegraciouspantry.com and did some tweeks to it to make my own.

Peanut Butter Pick Me Up's
2 cups of whole wheat quick oats
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
1/2 cup of almond butter
1/2 cup raw agave (a natural sweetener, it can be found out Kroger or Publix)
1/2 unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes (can be found at Kroger)
1 cup of vanilla protein powder (I used the Biggest Loser Brand)
1 tbsp of cinnamon
3 tbsp of flax seeds (can be found at Kroger in the organic section)
2 1/2 tbsp of semi sweet chocolate chips (I would have preferred dark chocolate chips, but I got the wrong ones)

Step 1: Roast the oats on a flat baking sheet on 350 for about 15 minutes
Step 2: Combine all of the ingredients and mix well while oats are roasting
Step 3: Once the oats are cooled down, mix them in with the rest of the ingredients
Step 4: Spread mixture in a cake baking sheet and bake on 350 for about 18 minutes
Step 5: Cool down, cut, and ENJOY!

I got about 20 bars out of this because I didn't cut them that big. I ate one after my run yesterday and was surprised that it kept me satisfied till dinner. I was also full of energy too! They have just enough sweetness that it was able to satisfy my sweet craving too! :) You can also freeze these to keep them longer. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment